Starts Sun 6 May 4.30 - 5.30pm - More than Mindfulness (9 wk course) Term 2
Enhance your resilience and wellbeing.
One of the biggest challenges we face in our rapidly changing world, is to learn tools to cope with the different types of stress we encounter daily. Building resilience has become essential for us to grow and flourish. This course will do just that, you will learn techniques to become more resilient and effective at dealing with stress.
What will happen each class:
(A brief talk and then we will experience the practices. There will be time for discussion)
1. What is stress? Awareness of what we do under stress. 10 x 1-minute mindfulness exercises you can use daily straight away
2. Grounding & using breath mindfully. Noticing & noting – breath, sensations, sounds. Mantras. Choiceless awareness.
3. Values & Intentions & cultivating compassion & loving kindness meditations
4. Being present to self & others (kind & curious) Listening. “When, I feel, because”.
5. Gratitude and A guided meditation.
6. Body scan as a mindfulness practice, counting, opposites, external present focus
7. Clearing a space & getting bigger than what is bothering you –Focusing (like & don’t like)
8. Decision making. Turning towards your inner critic - Focusing
9. Focusing on a particular issue. Good and bothersome.
10. Bringing it all together.
Term 2: 9 x 1-hour classes on Sundays at 4.30 - 5.30pm commencing on 6 May.
The cost is $ 120 per person / early bird $99 by 24 April.
(Minimum number for the classes to go ahead - 6 people. Maximum number in class 14)
What is mindfulness?
“Mindfulness means paying attention in a particular way: on purpose, in the present moment, and non judgmentally”
What is Focusing?
“Focusing is the process of listening to your body in a gentle accepting way and hearing the messages that your inner self is sending you. It’s a process of honoring the wisdom that you have inside you, becoming aware of the subtle level of knowing that speaks to your through your body” (Ann Weiser Cornell).
About your teacher:
Based in Drummoyne, Sydney Leonie Stewart provides counseling, coaching & focusing sessions. She enjoys working with individuals, couples and also with young people. Leonie believes we are all meant to belong and connect, to love ourselves and love others and so to find meaning. She finds purpose in helping others find their own way forward to a happier and more hopeful life full of possibilities.
She has written and runs a school-based program called: ‘MORE than MINDFULNESS’ which teaches practical strategies in a similar way to this program.
Masters in Counselling and Applied Psychotherapy. Graduate Diploma in Emotion-Focused Therapy. Focusing orientated therapist and trainer. Meditation and mindfulness teacher.Bachelor of Physical Ed. Advanced Netball coach